Friday, November 27, 2009

Obama's Crib



It was a nice stroll in Washington DC's Smithsonian Museums...on a rather overcast and cold mid-morning. Firstly my auntie dropped me off near Pennsylvania Avenue to a rather well-known place - the White House a.k.a Obama's crib (a pity I didn't get the chance to say "G'day from Australia" to the Baracks). Then my auntie picked me up again then found a place to park before heading to the National Art Gallery, for some reason we rushed through some of the find is the Food Court? lol yes we were hungry, so we sat, chatted and ate. Afterwards said our goodbyes (as my auntie had to head home as she had night duty) and left me to galavant round the mall. I roamed round the East and West side of the Smithsonian Art Gallery and then went out to go to the Museum of Natural History. Fabulous. Museums here are huge and convientently close by, the Air and Space Museum, Art Galleries, Natural Museum and others. The park in between the buildings, you get to see the Washington Monument (a.k.a the Pencil Monument) then on the opposite side is the U.S. Capitol Building. After the art gallery, I go to the National Museum of Natural History, which if you do go in there it may remind you of the movie 'Night at the Museum.'

The museum is a big and awesome place. There were different areas such as prehistoric times, mammals, geology, gems, the ocean etc. You really need to have 2-3 days if you want to see all the museums in the mall. I only went to 2 museums but its okay, because I have been to D.C before and seen all the museums. When the museum closed, I waited outside for my Uncle to pick me up...it was traffic hour after he picked me up.Took almost 1hour to come back home. Had dinner then watched tv, before I almost couldn't breathe and before my jaw got sore from all the laughing watching You Tube videos with my cousins and then headed for bed at 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment