Monday, November 16, 2009

Friday & Dinner @ the Harrisons

NB:- I am back tracking before the wedding.

Friday was a rather productive day for Bex and the rest of us. Firstly Bex and I had our nails French Manicured from the lovely Catherine Sindon at her beauty salon - Refine in Napier. We went to the same primary school as her, though she was in Room 9. I can't remember her however her name did sound familiar. Just like every girls getting their nails done, there was of course the girly gossip of our old school friend's, what they are up to and all that jazz. Cath did a marvellous
job with our nails...they look oh so pretty :). Afterwards Bec & I went to Napier Mall for our last minute shopping. She brought me earrings to wear for the big day and I brought some postcards to write back to some people over the ditch.

While Bec was driving to and fro Hastings and Napier, I was of course being a front passenger (due to the fact I can't drive Manual Cars! I would have offered to drive but I'm a klutz as I only drive automatics!) I was overwhelmed with how Napier and Hastings is and how it has changed in the past 11years!
Some new shops have sprouted out such as Diva, Dotti, Jay Jays, which I see back home in Brisbane (yes I think Australia is taking over New Zealand Bex Lol). There were some places I remember from my childhood in Napier/Hastings. I remember the clock tower in Hastings, the Hasting's Library, the Acquarium in Napier, the smelly motorway near the sulphuric factory, on the
way to Clive, the main street for shopping and some certain street names.
Oh how memory comes flying back to me and how I remember the good ol' days of my chilidhood, growing up in Hastings & Napier.
The school and how small the place is..and about the weather...I wasn't use to. Oh how I missed Brisbane weather. I really have
forgotten the weather in Napier & Hastings.

Our final stop before heading back to Bec's house was Kilt, which is a Hawke's Bay own and operated store, just a tad pricey but had awesome clothes and accessories. I told Bec "this is now my fave. store in Hawke's Bay." So I shopped there (sorry credit card) and brought shorts, earrings and a clutch bag. I love my new items :) Then we went to her place to get some stuff, before we headed off
to her parent's place @ Portman's Motel.

Later towards the afternoon we had a wedding rehearsals at the Kemblefield Winery, Bec and her family, matt, garland, andy, some other people and me went to help out with some of the setting up of the dining area and a practice session of the ceremony with Father Simon. In between I took more photos - like always of the winery and the setting up of the wedding reception etc. The view of the winery was lovely...a pity we never got to try some wine as we were pressed for time, however there will be more wine to come on the big day!

Since its a tradition not to see either the bride or groom together, Bec & I shared a unit/room @ her Parent's Motel. Unit 1 is where we stayed. After putting our things in the room, we went to her parent's place were I was greeted by her parent's and family friend - Chook & Bushie. I honestly don't know their full story on how they got their name's "Chook & Bushie," yet everyone seems to call them
that! We all started drinking wine.... Then it was all fun and laughter after that!...

Oh the dear stories from Chook & Bushie and the witty comments from Bec's Dad Robert, teasing me about me being vertically challenged :- as in when I was about to go to the kitchen to make my lunch

Robert: "Hello Viv
"
Viv: "Hello Rob"
Robert: Come make yourself @ home, Viv, there's stools here for you too stand on! HAHAHA
Mind you I didn't tip-toe to get things I needed, well since all the bread et al were already out. He just loved stirring me up. Funny :P

Anyway was having dinner w/ the Harrisons, Chook and Bushie, wine glasses being topped up and this is were the fun began! Chook & Bushie had funny stories, esp stories about when Bec was a little girl and the random joke Blair blurted out a long time ago. Lets just say my jaws was so sore from all the laughing and at the same time my head was spinning....more wine please! After all the
funny stuff that was going on, Bec and I went back to our unit round 10pm to sleep, the last night before the big day.

Until then...

Adios

V x

No comments:

Post a Comment