Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Holiday Organising

Heya all,

As you all know, I am super excited to be going overseas. If you don't know where I am heading to, I will be in Napier, New Zealand, a day back in Brisbane and then heading to the USA for a month to see relatives.

Now, since it is closer to the date I have to organise a few things
A) Travel Insurance (I'll be an idiot for not bringing one!)
B) Gifts for relatives and wedding gift and
C) Once I got 'em time to pack, pack, pack!

As the usual 'Vivian' I cram everything in the last minute. I really should write a list of what to bring *Vivi now takes note of this!* A matter of fact she is currently 'multi-tasking' - typing her blog and also jotting down the items I need for my trip!

I know I will get in a frantic mode when it comes to packing. GOSH packing is a bitch to do. Even more of a bitch when you are a GIRL! I swear all of you girls agree that packing is a difficult chore! OKay so I may be exaggerating, but packing items to go overseas, as a girl..you wish you can take your closet full of err clothes, accessories...argh! Might as well take your whole ROOM with you on your trip..trouble is...a) how'd you fit 'em in your suitcase and b) your folks/housemates will be wondering where the missing bedroom is!?!?! Good idea? No?

So, of course I will be not entirely 'fussy' but pick the things I really need to take on my trip...I really don't need 10,000 shirts (exaggerating!) on a trip. It is okay to wear some clothes for a couple of days (depending where you go i.e. if going near mud then frequent) before washing them and of course if all else fails..shop for new clothes (which in realisation..adding extra kilos to a 'supposedly-already-filled-up-suitcase'...but thats my whole purpose asides from visiting friends/family shopping overseas)!
So I guess at the end it won't be too bad for me. *Sighs*

Travel insurance is getting to my head. I have to get before I leave..I will be a knob IF I don't take insurance. There are plenty of travel insurance companies round etc, however being a cheap chick I'm searching for the cheap price with good benefits. I better get that underway before it does my head in.

Gifts, I am stuck for gift ideas for my cousins in Jacksonville, Florida..any ideas? One is for a belated 16th b/day present while the other is just for the sake of getting one for her, as well as the rest of the relatives I am seeing. Don't get me wrong I like to give people gifts. It just gets difficult at times of WHAT type of things your friend/family is into. Sometimes I have a some idea to give and I go with my gut instinct. I also get this vibe of when getting a gift. You can't rush in the last minute (i.e. 30mins before you are at her b/day party or wedding) because it doesn't have any meaning behind to why you brought it. I will eventually find them a gift.

..And back to the frantic part...I have little time, and I am working so it's going to be 'cram-everything-before-I-go-packing!'

Adios

V x

1 comment: