Monday, November 23, 2009

L.A. Baby..in transit to New York

I board my Qantas flight from Brisbane International Airport @ 11:40hrs on Thursday 19th. The plane was suppose to fly at 1205, however it took nearly 45 minutes fro the plane to depart from Brisbane, as there were passengers from a PNG flight to come into transit *sigh* so off I go on a 12 hour or so journey to LAX (Los Angeles International Airport if you are not familiar with airport initials).

The flight were wasn't too bad, just a bit of turbulence as the pilots were trying to get on a high altitude to get "tail speed." The food was nice, nicely presented in those tiny trays. Oh how I love airplane food LOL! I watched 3 movies - Up, The Hangover and Marie Antoinette then later slept for prob another 4.5 hours. When I woke it was 1245am on my watching, and still Brisbane time. Just before landing, I looked outside the window. I can't believe I am in L.A!! in my mind I am pinching myself, I am actually in L.A! It's a dream come true and soon I can cross it off my imaginery 'Destination' List (because I haven't really written a list of places I want to go, it's all in my head). The weather beautiful from the plane window.

Touched down round 7am LA time (about 1am Brisbane time). Marvellous day to my start of day!

Strict USA Custom/border Patrol as we all know (just quietly scared) then to the baggage carousel to gt my bag and then a maze through to Terminal 4 for my next flight to New York. I had to also go outside to get to Terminal 4 and outside isn't as cold as I imagined. It was like an early morning autumn weather in Brisbane. Since the LAX is in renovations, it is one huge airport. (Excuse moi mais)Mierda! Shit!
The announcers are both in English and Spanish with some Japanese, depending on what are of the airport I was in! I go to the American Airlines section to get my luggage checked-in andthen through security again for more checking and then to the gate where I will board another plane.

I am sitting at gat 46A waiting to board my flight in about 1hr and 30mins or so. It is another 5hr flight from LAX to JFK Airport in New York and then there is yet another time difference, New York is 3hrts in front of L.A. (damn!) and I am battling this JET LAG and yes its still 19th Thursday. I hope to sleep o my flight to NY ahhh...so I am alert and refreshed...to venture out in the Big Apple.

Until then...

Adios

Vx

No comments:

Post a Comment