Thursday, December 3, 2009

Florida....the land of Food...no not really pt.1

Okay so not literally the land of food, Wal-mart, & Victoria Secrets, but it felt like that to me...you'll see why.
I departed Washington D.C's Reagan Airport round lunchtime, saying my final thank yous and farewells to my relatives on Saturday 28th November. Boarded my American Airlines flight to Miami (as I needed to transit there to go to Jacksonville)
About 2hour flight..I drank and snoozed a bit etc...and when it was close to Miami, I see out my window seat MIAMI..oh my gosh how beautiful it looked. It was sunny, the beach, the buildings just like the Gold Coast in Queensland, it looked amazing from 10,000ft in the air.
I wanted to take a picture, however it was the time on the plane when you needed to "turn off your cell phones and electronic devices." So all I have of it is in my memory *sigh*. I so wish I went to Miami. It would have ben awesome.....next time.

So I touchdown in Miami International Airport and then go to the next gate to board another flight to Jacksonville. I board my flight at 430pm and 1hr and 30mins I touchdown to Jacksonville International Airport.

So I get out.....through to get my baggage, while on the way there....(and I wasn't wearing my glasses) This guy comes close to me and when I looked again it was Uncle Sam..."Uncle Sam!" I say with a huge smile on my face and hugs. I was so excited...we go and get my bags and then he goes "we're going to a party! You tired?"
"Oh you didn't tell me (then I realise he did tell me via E-mail) and I am kinda tired...I may need a Red Bull!" So we stop over at a 'gas' (note I would have said petrol....lol american way lol) and a red bull, before we went to his place and got ready (in between saying hello to Auntie Lani and my cousin Samantha). Lordgene (my other cousin) was already at the party. So we all go to the party.

--- The Party ---
It was Lordgene's Best friend Nicole's sweet 16th party. Wow it was a biggest 16th party I've seen. A conference room; food and lots of people, friends/family/relatives/strangers (like me lol) and a dj....It was pretty cool but the funny thing is that the parents/families there all thought that I was 17yrs old and couldn't believe I was a nurse and was 25! Oh what compliments *smiles*


There was dancing, Pinata and the Limbo. I danced a bit (really stupid) and just sat down most of the time.















The pinata (can't spell it) was funny cause once someone whacked the paper mache the candy popped up all the li' kids (and big ones..not that I am hinting this to anyone) went to the floor grabbing as much candy as they could. It looked hilarious. Round 11pm Sam, her friend Kelcie, Uncle Sam and me went home..Ronny, Auntie Lani and Lordgene came home after. Uncle Sam and I decided to have a drink, so we went to good ol' Wal-mart (prob a 8min drive from Uncle Sam's place) for Smirnoff Vodka Passionfruit flavours and Mascato Wine.

It was good...until I got drunk..and had a hangover the next day....To be continued.....

Until Then

Adios

V x

No comments:

Post a Comment