Saturday, November 27, 2010

Touch down in Paris

The flight from Incheon Seoul to Charles de Gaulle Paris was an 11-hour flight. Ate, slept, listened to music on my iPad-seque screen and watched movies (in between slept while watching Inception, then watched it again since I missed the other part). Once the plane touched down in Paris a mixture of excitement and nervousness crossed my mind. Happy to be here and see Rémy, since 5 months ago, Paris, the food, scenery, the monuments and nervous as I only know "un petit peu français."

Touch down at Charles de Gaulle Airport, Thursday evening of Nov 25th, went through customs (woo hoo got my passport stamped!) and then got my suitcase and then information center about how to get to Paris via A. the taxi, B. Bus or C. Train. I took the cheaper option and took the train. Took about 1 hour to Chatelet Les Halles to change over to next train. Oh gosh, I found myself below the métro lost through the winding maze to the next train.... Yea spot the lost tourist! Finally got on the next train thanks with the help of the train staff member reached Charles de Gaulle Etoile stop. More stairs up to the wonderful Champs Elysees Avenue and L'Arc de Triomphe. I am in awe! AMAZING.

Now, the challange to catch a taxi. Hailed one, unfortunately he finished his shift, tried hailing another one, til a man told me to catch it on the other side of the road. Thanked him kindly then went to the direction he told me to go and caught one to the hotel I booked called Kléber Hotel Champs Elysees Tour Eiffel Paris. Unfortunately was not able to stay there and for their reason "water issues/pipes." They kindly made me un café, while I waited for Rémy to come. The staff member explained it again to Rémy what happened and then they transferred us to another hotel for the night. Went to the other hotel and lets just say it was a down grade to what i stayed at Incheon. Couldn't complain much, at least it we had a place to stay. The view from the window of the room, is wht I expected though, very French - the window balcony, the buildings, streets, trés belle!

Until then,

à bientot

V

1 comment: