Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Seoul Sleepover



Twenty hour wait for next flight to Paris is not fun at all. I can stay up for 10 hours (the fact that I can stay up that long thanks to shift work!), but when its at the Airport it won't be fun when duty free stores will be closed till morning. I could obviously do an a la Tom Hanks from the movie The Terminal, nah.

A huge thanks to Korean Air I have a layover at a hotel. I am lucky enough to stay in a 4 star hotel ' Hyatt Regency Incheon. I was in awe when the staff member at Incheon Korean Air Service Desk told me. SCORE!!

After getting a hotel voucher and sat down next to the other people waiting for the Hyatt Bus to take us. Followed one of the ladies outside the airport for the bus..brr outside was 9 degrees but it was nice and refreshing... . Guess it was making me accustome to the cold weather in Paris *LOL.*

Got onto the bus and a 10min drive to our hotel. Wow! The entrance is nice. Filled in form like the rest of the people then headed to the hotel receptionist to get my swipe access card to my room. Just like work had to swipe into the elevator to get to level 12. I stayed in Room 1205. Whoa the room nice and I was stoked I even have a phone in the bathroom and even a speaker so I can hear the TV (and have it on MTV ) so I can dance while having a shower :P.

Settled myself down in my room and of course had to go straight onto Facebook :P. Had to sign in on a couple of things and then bam internet for 24hrs (only 20,000korean wons, equivalent to $18 Aus). Wireless (How I love you!)

Felt a bit peckish so headed downstairs to have my dinner. Handed my dinner voucher to the restaurant staff member and asked me what I wanted - either Italian or Korean dinner. I opt for the second.


Had kim-chi and anchovies for side dish then followed with rice, miso soup and beef. Delicious. Unfortunately I couldn't finish because I was still full from the food off the plane! Grr. Finished with fruits for dessert. It was nice. Afterwards, went outside just to be all touristy and take photos at the front of the hotel. Later headed back to my room, channel tv surfing, facebook, blogging and just resting it up in my 'free stay.'

Next morning, woke up 30mins before my alarm set off (1. my iPhone alarm and 2. the 'wake up call' system on my personalised Hyatt phone!). Did the usual get ready and then went downstair for my free Buffet Breakfast. Ate cereals, bacon, traditional Korean food and then fruit and yoghurt (mango yoghurt that is, which was more like mango smoothie).

With my trust Sony Camera went outside to take a few shots by day (FCK it was cold!) then back here to blog and get my gear ready before heading back to Incheon Airport.

Next stop Paris.

Until then

A bientot!

V x

No comments:

Post a Comment