Monday, November 29, 2010

Paris

Not a certain heiress but the city. Paris! It has been one of my many destination dreams to come to Paris. Seen the city in many movies and of course Travel shows and I cannot believe that I have made it to the city of lights! Before moving on cutting long story short, returned to Kléber for the remainder of our stay in Paris, unfortunately still couldn't stay there so they transferred us to the Best Western Victor Hugo Hotel (which I have to admit was better) and with free wi-fi!

Paris, when thinking of Paris its the Eiffel Tower, the Lourve, Moulin Rouge and of course the cliché of rude people, dog poo, people wearing stripes etc... . Okay you may get the odd rudeness (which I have had my share of rudeness), all in all it has been fantastique!

I am in awe of everything here in Paris. The streets, architecture, monuments, food, mulled wine and people. Sometimes I think I have stepped onto a postcard or movie set, but no, it's the real deal. Seeing Paris is amazing. People here are so stylish and even if it doesn't match, they find a way to match it! Crazy hats that look like fluro green road kill, still looks stylish.

L'Arc de Triomphe is a huge monument built during Napoleon era (and not going any further to anymore history, look up on wikipedia ha!). It is in the middle of a very busy roundabout and to get to the middle is underground to see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. You have to be fou to cross the road to the middle. It looks nice during the evening with the lights on and the lights along the Avenue des Champs Elysees.


Eiffel Tower according to my Lonely Planet Paris book (thank gosh for lonely planet books) over 250 million have ascended the tower to date. I got goosebumps when I saw the tower from crossing a bridge, over the River Seine. Walking through the beautiful streets/Rues in Invalides Rémy and I were getting closer and closer to the Tower. Finally got there and WOW! Two options to get up there - 1: Elevator or 2: The Stairs. We opt to climb the stairs, the reason was that the line was shorter than the elevators. LOL. Paid about 9 something Euros to climb the stairs. Tough work, huffing and puffing to the top, partial top. Six hundred and sixty-nine steps and during that it was getting dark, cloudy and then finally snowed! Beautiful view from the top and even more when it snowed. The rooftops of building covered by the white powder, despite it being cold at the top, it was brilliant! I can tick off my list that I have visited the Eiffel Tower.



Afterwards, more walking then the métro then walked back to our hotel to rest for another day of Parisian adventure.



Until then



à bientot



V





No comments:

Post a Comment