Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Leaving Brisbane again....

I am sleep deprived. I have packed in the last minute..packing..unpacking, getting distracted then realise "oh shit I better keep packing…" Eventually I finally finished packing at 3am on the 8th of December. I had only 2hours sleep then it was back to Brisbane International Airport.


I felt a bit bummed because it felt rushed saying 'Goodbye' to my family, and prior to that it was a peak hour for passengers checking-in to their respective flights..and I was caught in a busy one as well. Oh well, that's the airport for you.


Never got the chance to go around at the duty free things after customs, yet managed to get an Australian flag tattoo for Australia Day. Boarded at Gate 81 KE124 Korean Air. A 9 hour and 45min flight from Brisbane to Incheon Airport. There was a 20min delay due to the plane in a 'queue..' See even airplanes are also caught in traffic!


The 9 hour flight was okay..I was aiming to sleep right through, but funnily enough I would suddenly wake up in time for food. Yup for food..no wake up due to the smell, but I think somewhere in my brain there is a little 'wake up for food' hidden in there so I wake up! First meal was chicken with vegetables and noodles and then the second meal was Korean bibimap food, which was yum. I did manage to sleep for at least 3hours and then in between watched The Lion King…ahh memories…How much the ' Lion King' is one of my favourite Disney movie and I admit I was teary. Then I watched 'Crazy.Stupid.Love' Damn! Ryan Gosling is hot in the movie.


My gosh it was very cold..0 degrees celsius..a wake up call for me that I ain't in the southern hemisphere LOL!


Touched down in Incheon round 17:55hours, headed to immigrations then to the Korean Air hotel transit section. Got my little sticker, food vouchers and the form for my layover stay in "Harbor Park Hotel." A 30minute bus ride out of Incheon Airport.

Further than the last time I was here in Incheon. As last time it was at the Korean AIr Hyatt Hotel which was a 10min drive.


Very nice with a nice evening view of the Harbour. On the 9th floor and seeing my window is the harbour view..not that you can see much during the night, but still looked pretty. My room is nice. Two beds and the bathroom a nice heated toilet seat..I am still to chicken to try the 'wash your bum' option. When I went past the TV, it automatically turned on to "Welcome to Harbor Park Hotel." That was pretty cool.


Still felt sleepy so set my alarm on at 20:15 so not to miss out on complimentary dinner courtesy of Korean Air…….Ended up getting up at 20:52 and went up to level 15 for the buffet dinner. The staff member said to me "you're very late..you have 10mins before it closed." Phew lucky she let me stuff my mouth with food..satisfied. The view too at the restaurant was wonderful as well. Afterwards went to the lobby to print out my itinerary for my hotel in Paris..and now in my room watching Donna Hay cooking, while just hearing the Australian accent a Korean voice over is translating what she is saying…(god! Why is it that I end up watching a food show while overseas?)


Channel surfing from Korean news, to soap opera, anime from an American in a Thailand jail as he insulted the King and Queen of Thailand…tough law if you insult or do any form of offence in relation to the Royal family in Thailand…2 - 15 years in jail. Best to bite your tongue.


Time for me to have a shower, watch more korean shows before having a snooze and be ready for another long haul all the way to Paris…. And that my friends is where my adventure begins….


A bientĂ´t.

No comments:

Post a Comment