Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More rambling of dance bla bla & everything in between.

Oh how i wish it was summer. Right now listening to Rhys' song 'Hot Summer' Yes if you don't remember him, he was the 2nd runner up of Australia's So You Think You Can Dance series 1. He made a music video.

The song's quite catchy and reminds me of a lovely not-so-hot- but lovely-warm- summer, at the pool side, sun baking and sipping on pina coladas! Yes i dream!
Oh how i wish during the day it was summer...morning summer i mean, but not too humid or to the point you have kicked your bedsheets of the bed coz it was just too hot! But no...dawn and dusk are cooler than summer and yes winter is approaching ever so early! yikes! I have to hunt for my winter clothes and pack away my summer clothes (then again i tend to layer my clothes on so i can get warm!)

I really should be asleep now as i have work in the afternoon (Thursday 1230pm) but instead i find myself glued to my laptop monitor, while at the same time listening to itunes. I was planning [in my head] "estudiar espanol" but i failed! Epic Fail....got home after my language class, ate my dinner then watched The Family Guy and then straight on Facebook, You Tube looking at random videos with Ray. I then did a few sit ups and push ups before i resumed looking at Facebook and blogging.

Itching to do a chorey to a few music from Daddy Yankee but where to start. I got tips from my dance friends such as"listen to the song, the beats." It should be a wee bit easy as i have done a chorey before for a dance friend's film. I guess moves come from ideas you see BUT as long as you don't nick someone else' choreography. There are a few who inspire me such as Byran Tanaka, Gigi Torres, Patrick Chen, Lee Daniels, Nick Bass, Sky Hoffman, Marty Kudelka (yes that is Justin Timberlake's Choregrapher) and numerous ppl from Dance2XS or the dance school i go to sometimes Mad Dance House
Back to 'nicking' someone else's work as long as u A) ask them or B) credit it to the people you are teaching your chorey to.
I actually miss my hip hop dancing. It may not be a really girly girly dance (yet depends whether u like the 'skanky' style/ gangsta style/ jazzy hip hop style, dancehall, reggaeton style etc). Or do all styles! That way its versatile.
On the other hand i also like my Flamenco dancing. Powerful, beautiful, sensual and sexy.
On my hand it cost and the effort to travelling from Redcliffe to Brisbane to do one hour and 15mins of dancin'. It really should over-ride my negative thoughts of why i don't dance! I only step foot once in term 2 to do a dance class! In btwn me saving for my holiday in November i should do some classes and keep up my fitness. The more i am listening to Daddy Yankee the more i want do get off my ass and make up a routine. Es en espanol, but it'd be cool to dance to!

Mi espanol es 'mas o menos' creo make mistakes pero it is all in the learning of a language. La idioma - Espanol es facil y dificil. Tambien....over time i prob 'entiendo' espanol. Mi gusta la idioma. Fantastico!

Anyway i best be off to sleep

Buenas noches a todos! Hasta luego!

V xx

No comments:

Post a Comment