Monday, May 25, 2009

Emergency Items

Don't you hate it when you are searching in your bag for your lip balm, thinking that you left it at home? But then while searching you eventually find A LIP BALM, that you 'apparently lost'. Ha! So much I love emergency items.
Whether it has expired for a week, a month or even a year (whether lip balm or a watermelon chupa chup), in your bags or whatever you seem to find random items that later comes in very good use.

The other day I forgot my lip balm, because I transferred my wallet, itouch into another bag and assuming I put my lip balm in my bag! Thinking I left my lip balm, I thought to myself "well I will just buy a new lip balm"...on my way to a shop, I happen to grab my wallet out of my bag, til i felt something else in there...got it out and it was a Lip Balm. It wasn't the one I normally use, but thank gosh I saved $5. I also realised I haven't seen that lip balm for a long time (about 1yr) and yes I thought i lost that lip balm. I didn't phew!

It hasn't been the first time this has happened. Not just lip balms but chewing gum (as long as it is still edible), hair ties, clothes. Its funny when you do leave certain items, whether it be in your handbag or your car, etc you sometimes don't realise that items scattered really do come in handy at one point.

I think the items for good emergency that should be kept in random bags (yes girls do rotate their bags at times) or in the car should be (not in particular order):-
  1. Lip Balm
  2. Panadol (as long as its not expired)
  3. Bandaides
  4. Hand lotion
  5. Hair ties/bobbin pins
  6. Small comb
  7. Mirror
  8. Shoes
  9. Hoodie/jumper in the car just in case you forgot to bring it for the cooler weather etc...
  10. A pen and small notepad (or just the pen)
Of course there are more that you may think of, but these are the main ones I think sure comes in handy!
Just scatter a few in bags you normally use and next time you have forgotten something, there is always an 'emergency item' in need!

Ahora! Where's that watermelon chupa chup....I wonder if it is still edible since 5 months ago.....

Hasta luego!

V xx

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Yes, it's pleasant surprise to look for something you know didn't bring with you, but to find it in the bottom of your bag from weeks ago. I remember needing my Chapstick but left it in the car with my bag, then I put my hands in my pockets (in desperate hope) and there was one from the last time I wore that jacket. Crisis averted. :)

    ReplyDelete