Monday, October 13, 2014

Don't relax. Attack!

Being hesitant and nervous, needs a slap on the face. Of course it is natural to be nervous of certain things. Especially when we haven’t been in contact with tasks or other things before or that we haven’t done the task for a long time, we get ourselves all flustered and helpless, therefore we create our own frustrations when there wasn’t anything to be nervous about in the first place.

Back in the days when we were kids, we would be all nervous because of the unknown or that we may not have someone to catch us if something doesn’t turn out right. I know I have been in that situation over and over again. Soon enough, after practice and knowledge,  I will not be afraid of whatever the obstacle is in order to reach my goal. 



Taking a new career in life can be daunting, especially when you are not accustomed to certain things, regardless that you have experience in something that may relate to your new work. I know for one I am in that positon and stepping into something or should I say out of my comfort zone, I feel a bit helpless and afraid. But why be afraid or hesitant or nervous?

I was chatting to a friend of mine about work and being nervous/afraid when doing something for the first time time as well as attending an interview for a new occupation. A good advice from him was “Don’t relax. Attack!” It has now been embedded in my mind and I can’t shrug it off (which is actually good). 

There are plenty of things that encompasses us to be afraid or nervous to something/s. For instance the judgement from other people, a past experience that you feel prevents you to do perform the task, stepping out of your comfort zone, stepping into the unknown, the fear of being rejected or still the moment of ‘why am I doing this?’ 

Being hesitant to try and do new things in life (for me a new career direction) and feeling as if I will be a dork or an embarrassment when I do something new to up-grade on a new skill or job. We are here to learn and everyday we are learning, regardless if it is old or new and we are always striving to improve ourselves through tough situations. 

In my instance, I feel I won’t be able to work at a bar or carry three plates. Sometimes I feel I am rather hard on myself and that I won’t be ‘able to do it.’ What is stopping me in reaching parts of my tasks? It is the nerves and thinking of what people will think about it. I really shouldn’t feel like this, because I know I will have practice over and over again to gain my confidence and banish the nerves away.

I am aware there is room of improvement in my new career venture and I know that regardless of the walls I have to beat down, there is no need to be nervous because I know I am like very one else when starting something new. 


It is also like the Nike logo ‘Just do it!’ I will not be afraid to ask questions no matter now silly it sounds in order to do my task properly and efficiently without the feeling of being nervous.

Now I will incorporate this new logo into my everyday life.

Thank you to my friend. You know who you are. 

Don't relax. Attack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment