Friday, October 12, 2012

I feel pretty...oh so pretty...

Make up. You would expect every female species to be an expert at it right? Wrong. I am one of the few that is make-up challenged. Of course I do dab in a bit of make up every now and then for special occasion, for example costume parties, weddings, concerts, parties etc..., but for everyday wear I am so lazy...or just rephrase "I like the au naturale look."

I have a lot of respect for women who apply make up every day and depending on your job a huge respect. Being a nurse I have no time applying make up for my shift. All it is is face moisturizer and lip balm..well okay if I really really feel like then probably a hint of mascara or eye liner. But as mentioned for me I prefer when its just for special occasion.
 Of course like every girls make up is an essential part of femininity and to accentuate areas of your face especially the eyes and how it compliments your daily wear etc... . Being a young girl, it was fun to go through your Mum's make up kits and try on the brightest lip stick and black eye liner trying it on yourself...til your Mum takes a photo of your beautiful facial artwork which she say 'You look so pretty'...only  to realize you look like a Picasso artwork.
Picture and quote found with thanks to http://scabenga.co.uk/my-posts/damn-you-jordan/
Girls who say, “a lot of guys are after me”, should keep in mind that low prices always attract many customers.

 I am in a place where taking care of how you dress and look is a must. I think it really is beginning to have an impact on me. I am not going to raid Sephora and get all the must haves and you need, just need something simple to hide all that dark circle, blemishes and discolouration. Last week I went with a friend to buy a fond de teint (foundation) as I did not know what colour that blended with my skin, needed help with the Clinique assistant. Yes foundations do work wonders.

The only exception for bad make up is for costume parties, the 80's and photo shoots for a theme etc..it can be caked on as much, but the annoying part is removing it..unless it is permanent makeup and you can sleep on it. If only there was an invention of peel-off make up then no need for a make up remover then.

Let me know if you've created peel-off make up. I'll order right away.






1 comment:

  1. no more time to apply make up as no more office work but stuck in this screen to study .. study.. study...
    have fun dressing up and make up!

    ReplyDelete