Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Travelling again

Hello my fellow friends,
Another up-date to my travelling bug er bug!?!?! Bahahaha. It should have been yesterday, but after all the travel, checking out the stuff in Christchurch, was too tired to blog about yesterdays events! So here it goes....
MONDAY 26th APRIL
..Off goes my Daft Punk alarm to 6:00am. I turn my head to the left and reach for my iPhone alarm, "right snooze" 9mins later Daft Punk's "harder, better, faster, stronger" goes back on, snooze, then repeat, then 6:30ish I go to Remy "aight get up and get ready" We get ready and get all our gear packed and finalised. Mum seems to be excited more than Remy and I, (guess its just because we're still tired). So off we all go, yes my whole family - Mum, Dad and Ray come with us to the Brisbane International Airport. Once we reached the 'departures' section, dropped our bags off, "Have a safe trip, enjoy (in between with hugs and kisses)" Remy and I go to the check-in section to well check -in our luggage as well as our flight stuff, then off to the custom/secturity section before having some breakfast of Red Rooster goodness.
9:40am is our flight to Christchurch, flying Pacific Blue. We get in and the cabin crew make a mickey of their names; when they are introducing themselves to us "So welcome to flight DJ80 and taking care of you are Sandy, Mandy and Candy...." Most of the trip I was catching up on snooze, awkwardly sleeping on the side, giving my left side a very good stretch! (ouch!) Woke up in between, listening to music, my frenchPod and then chomping some Burger Ring chips. Our flight was about 2hrs and 30mins, as we were 20mins early than the expected arrival time...not too bad.
Arrived in Christchurch Airport, yet again through customs to get my passport scanned (unfortunately not stamped :() and bags off the conveyor belt then back to security to check no food etc, (cause you know NZ is angst if bringing something that ain't legal!) so I just checked in my Chips! Yes my Doritos chips because I didnt want to dis 'em. Later Remy went to check out the car hires. Went to Budget but they wanted like $1000 something for hiring a car for 16 days so we went to the Britz section, Remy negotiated with the guy and got it for about $542NZ for 16days, so then got a free shuttle to the place where we go and hired a car. After that finally got our car, small/medium white car and with my Dad's trusty GPRS (Thanks Dad for lending it to us) we headed off to Christchurch city to our hotel - Hotel So. It's such a small and trendy hotel with free gym, sauna and of course Wi-Fi! So I recommend you all check out this hotel when staying in Christchurch; not a bad area, as its close to city centre.
After settling down in our hotel room, Remy and I ventured downstairs for Dinner, very cheap from 5pm its $NZ12 Dinner, it was cheap and had steak with chips and salad, YUM! Then we headed out to Oxford Tce and took some tourist photos before heading to another restaurant/bar to have a beer. A bummer I had a throbbing headache, I didn't get to finish having it (:() then after went to the 24hr store to buy some Neurofen (which funnily enough the Korean or Japanese Shop-keeper was suggesting to me 'it was very good to have') well er I'm a nurse lol but I just agreed with what she said. Then back to the hotel, watched a bit of tv before falling asleep. zzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment